WATERSAFE II™ was developed as a high-strength and high elongation coating for that purpose. SPI’s WATERSAFE II™ potable water coating is in compliance with the test passing requirements of NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Section 5 (2011).
WATERSAFE II™ is a fast-setting, rapid curing, flexible aromatic spray polyurea that can be applied to suitably prepared concrete and metal surfaces.
The fast set gel time makes is suitable for applications to temperatures to -20 °F. WATERSAFE II™ has low-temperature flexibility, thermal stability, chemical resistance, seamless, odorless and non-reactive.It’s 100% solids with no solvents or VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
WATERSAFE II™ can be applied in single and multiple applications without appreciable sagging and is insensitive to moisture and temperatures.
Recommended uses are:
- Interior liner for potable water containment in storage tanks and pipes.
- Irrigation canal and aqueduct lining and repair.
- Water treatment and food processing facilities.
- Mining operations and landfill containment
- Food processing plants and cold storage facilities.
- Bottling and canning facilities.
- Water retention or decorative ponds.
- Concrete and steel water storage tanks.