Waste water sewage produces hydrogen sulfide gas that contributes to the rapid breakdown and deterioration of concrete surfaces. This can lead to potential spills, increased maintenance costs, and potentially catastrophic failures.
Specialty Products’ high-performance polyurea coatings provide superior protection for the Wastewater Industry. These durable elastomeric coatings form an impermeable barrier that is resistant to hydrogen sulfide gas, water, and many chemicals. SPI’s polyurea coatings help to protect the environment and dramatically extend the service life of wastewater infrastructure.
SPI polyurea wastewater coatings and linings are also used to protect steel pipes from corrosion. Polyurea has demonstrated its ability to last longer than paint and maintenance services & costs are reduced.
Polyurea is a great protective coating system for pipes that are insulated with polyurethane foam. Polyureas are used to line the inside of water and sewer pipes for infrastructure rehabilitation work.
Wastewater Industry Applications:
- Protection of sewage digesters and clarifying tanks
- Tunnel and sewer manhole preservation and restoration
- Protection of above- and below-ground pipes
- Secondary containment liners for spill protection
- Non-skid and corrosion-resistant flooring, walls, and roofs